Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pittwater Wharf


This wharf is on Pittwater, about 30km north of Sydney. I was down there a few weeks ago and some teenage boys were riding off a homemade ramp placed at the end of the wharf and flying with their bike into the water. Did not have my camera with me, isn't that always the way. If you look straight ahead, a little to the right of the end of the wharf is Lion Island, a long way into the distance but does look a bit like a lion sitting on his haunches. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. With a good imagination, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you take photo of this wharf !
    straight to the water like inviting to walk till the end. sit there and let imagination run free : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Autumn light and perspective. I wonder how they got their bikes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane
    they rode off the wharf then dived down and retrieved the bike, salt water not recommended for the bike.
    Thanks Boom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific shot. The sky looks quite moody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never see the things they say are in landforms. But I can see a lovely photo here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I like this photo, too. Lovely to see such peace in the early morning. I would be horrified if either of my children did that. The potential for injury is just too high. I imagine the council would be horrified.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Your feedback is welcome!